Friday, November 27, 2009

Hey Hey It's Turkey Day!

Okay, so T-Day was yesterday, but I was too busy stuffing myself full of goodness (physically and spiritually) to actually post something on here.

I gathered with friends this year instead of family, and I must say I had a blast. I've made some great friends since I've lived here and was so thankful that I was able to spend this holiday with them. It's a little hard not having family around at these times so I'm glad I have people in my life right now that make me feel right at home.

We made a ginormous turkey which took 2 more hours than expected to cook so we ate pretty late (8:00 instead of 6:00) but we had so much fun playing games and enjoying each other's company that it didn't matter! (The never-ending flow of wine kinda helped, too...) And by the time we were all done eating we were ready to go home and go to sleep so it was just about perfect. My roasted brussels sprouts and homemade cranberry sauce were a hit, and everyone pitched in with great dishes, complete with 3 different pies. So I will be going back over to Allie's (the hostess) tonight for a second round of leftovers, mmm mmm!

I will say that yesterday really made me realize how well I've got it right now. Of course life isn't perfect and there are always things that I could complain about or wish for, and it's so easy to get caught up in all of that, but all in all my life ain't that bad. I am in a really good place with great people surrounding me and I just feel so blessed to be where I am in the grand scheme of things. It makes it easier to forget the petty things and enjoy just being happy.

:)

No comments: