Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dear Bikes,

I've missed you two.

Took my bikes out for the first time this week after having them tuned up at the shop. I gave in this year and got them professionally looked at since I've been doing my own repairs/tunes for the last 3 years. I figured it was about time; I don't need my bike falling apart on me in the middle of a ride. I do enough damage to myself as it is...I don't need the added risk.

It felt SO good to be riding again! The stationary bike just doesn't cut it. The cool thing is that I went on one of the uphill rides I did last summer and felt 10 times better doing it this time than when I did it last year, so that's promising. Mountain bike race league starts up in July and I want to race in the sport class this time, not beginner. Gotta get those legs and lungs ready for it. The nice thing is that I've been living at this elevation (about 3,000') for a year now so I'm finally acclimated enough that it doesn't burn when I do things anymore. This should be a good summer!

No comments: