Friday, July 8, 2011

2 years ago today

Tomorrow morning is the Glacier Challenge.
As I was preparing for my leg of the race tonight (and by preparing I mean eating homemade pizza and watching hulu), it hit me that at this time 2 years ago I was spending my first night in my new apartment after just pulling in to town with Dad and Mike, trying to get a decent night's sleep before I competed the next morning in the same race.
I had agreed to be on Whitefish Therapy's team, so literally less than 24 hours after getting my keys, I was canoeing Whitefish River (and pretty much dying since I had done one day of training all summer) on the second-to-last leg of the race.
Talk about jumping right in! Nothing like being so sore you can barely get dressed, much less lift people's limbs all day, on your first day of work.
I had a blast though, and this will be my 3rd time at it. Last year I did the road bike section, and this year I'm running the last leg of the course.

Who knows, maybe I'll come back one year and do the whole thing on my own... but in the meantime, wish me luck!

No comments: