Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Finally -- snow! We had our first real snowy days this weekend. Downtown Denver had it's annual lighting ceremony on Friday, and the combination was perfect. Wojtek and I spent the weekend walking around, window shopping along with some actual shopping (gotta love recession sale prices!) and enjoying the local flavor. The lights were fantastic, so festive, and they even had horse-drawn carriages trotting down the street. We also headed to Boulder today for lunch and to walk around the Pearl Street Mall. We took a drive up in the Boulder Mountain Park. It was foggy and so the views weren't exactly spectacular, but what we could see was great. I wish I had my hiking shoes so that we could have done a little more exploring, but the drive itself was nice. We saw some wildlife, and I even managed to not wreck when I came across 2 baby deer on the side of the road and slammed on the brakes to take a picture... don't worry, I made sure there were no cars/people around! Wojtek has the pictures but when I get them I'll post some.

On a side note, this year Wojtek and I celebrated our
third Thanksgiving Day together. We were going to have our friend Adam over for dinner, but the poor guy ended up in the hospital with some dislocated and broken ribs after not quite landing a snowboard jump.... needless to say he wasn't able to make it. So we had a nice little dinner at the apartment by ourselves. It was actually the first turkey I've roasted (2 years ago we made a chicken because that was all we could find the day of, and last year we ate at Mom's) and it turned out delicious!
Working hard!
The finished product! Mmm!

And now Wojtek is on his way back to St. Louis at the moment.... I wish I was going with him, but I've got another 3 weeks until I'm finished with this clinical. In due time, I'll be back to my own apartment with my own stuff and my own family. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the holidays around people I love.

Cheers!

No comments: