Tuesday, December 16, 2008

There's no place like home

Just a quick note to say that I cannot WAIT to get back home on Friday! It has been a loooong 6 months and now it's down to 2 more days in the clinic. I fly back early early Friday morning and then have 3 full weeks of absolutely no obligations! How wonderful for a change!

I must say that I've never been one to get homesick. Even when I was younger I loved taking off and doing my own thing, not tied down to one place. But -- 6 months is a really long time to be away from people (and animals) that you care about. It doesn't help living in someone else's place surrounded by someone else's things. I've been lucky to find great housing and even made a few new friends along the way, but I'm starting to crave being in *gasp* St. Louis. (Don't tell anyone I said such a thing!)

On that note -- I'm off to start packing!

No comments: