Thursday, June 4, 2009

So much to say!

So many things have gone on in the past week that I don't even know where to start....and that's just the beginning of it.

The weekend started off with officially moving out of the apartment. Then it was off to the Lake of the Ozarks to stay with James and some of his family at their new house that they are working on fixing up. The weather was perfect for being on the water. I drove a sea-doo for the first time (the last time I was on one I got thrown off in the first 30 seconds, and hadn't been on one since), spent some quality tanning (aka burning) time, and bounced behind the boat on a tube a couple of times. I was so sore yesterday from holding onto that thing so tightly, but today I was able to get out of bed without groaning. I'm looking forward to going back another time before I leave. But I'm happy about having some color now on this pale body of mine.

Then, on the way back into St. Louis, I stopped by the car dealer that I had been shopping at last week and purchased my first very own car! It's a red '02 Subaru Outback and I'm very excited about it! Of course, it was absolutely nerve-racking signing all that paperwork that locked me into 5 more years (or less, hopefully!) of debt... but in the end I came away with a great car. Very happy!



And finally, I had the scare of my life for the past 2 days -- let me just say, it pays to invest in a portable hard drive!!

No comments: