Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Peaceful mornings

I got up early this morning (5:30 AM!) to go on a bike ride with my dad. It was cool, calm, and so quiet. I think we passed maybe 4 or 5 cars the entire time that we were on the country roads. I can't believe it is so light out so early. I'm not sure why I forgot that, but it amazes me that it's almost bright out when it's only 5 AM. (I know this because I haven't had any shades on my windows since I've been home until just 2 days ago, which did not bode well for sleeping in.)

We rode about 10 miles at a decent pace, about 14-15 mph average. It was a perfect get-me-up to set the day off right. It's amazing what you can accomplish before noon if you get up early enough. Now I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want. Well, sort of. Mom and I are headed back to the Ozarks this afternoon until Friday. So I'll have to pack up again and get all ready for that.

But I think I'm going to try to make it a habit to get up early and go for a ride. Good father/daughter bonding moments, and it's just feels good to start the day like that.

(Ask me that in a week and I may tell you a different story, but we'll stick with it for now!)

No comments: