Sunday, June 14, 2009

Last day of work, and more days of lake

On Saturday I personal-trained my very last client at 20 Minutes to Fitness... Bittersweet. I had so many clients that I saw almost every single Saturday and who I've become pretty close to, and saying goodbye to them was kind of sad. On the other hand, I no longer have to wake up early on a Saturday to go in for a full day of work! That's quite a relief! My boss just kept saying how much they are going to miss me and how proud of me she is, and I know she was sincere about that. I'll miss all the girls, but I tell you what, I won't miss the drama that surrounds that place sometimes... I'm just glad I wasn't there all the time so that I could just brush it off and not get too involved. I think it's pretty crazy that I've worked there for over 2 years. I couldn't have asked for a better part time job -- working one day a week and still making enough to pay my rent was just awesome. But it sure did dampen my social life on Friday nights knowing I had to go in at 8 the next morning. I'm going to try to keep in touch with some of my coworkers and clients because they want to know what life is like up in Big Sky Country :)

We spent another good portion of the week in the Ozarks again. This time we tried out some water skiing -- something I hadn't done in about 12 years or so (and that was probably only one or two times ever). The first day I had some trouble getting up and staying up, but the second day I popped right up the first time and really didn't have any trouble. The hard part was just holding on for that long; my muscles could only work for so long and then they started screaming at me to let go. I sure felt sore the next morning, and am still recuperating, actually. We decided that if we did that every day we would all be in fantastic shape.

Here's a video of the second time I was up -- a little less awkward than the first!

No comments: