Monday, July 13, 2009

A whole new life

(Side note -- I was kicked out of the library last night because it was closing so I wasn't able to post this on the day I wrote it, so just pretend it was posted on Monday....)

I just had my first day as an official PT. Well, okay, sorta official, since I only have a temporary license. But nonetheless, it was my first day at the Sport Center.

And boy, was it a first day.

The owner, Scott, is gone this week. Who do you think got his patients? Moi, that's who. Who do you think got his student, who was in for his first day too? Moi. Talk about jumping right in.... I felt pretty bad for the student, because I really didn't know what to do with him, seeing as I had no idea who my patients were anyway. So he just kind of tagged along. I'm sure he didn't mind too badly, but I hope he doesn't go home and think that this is what it's going to be like the entire time! I think I handled it okay, but I definitely wasn't expecting to have a student my first year much less my first day!

Luckily I didn't have any new evals today, so that's a plus. And from what the schedule looks like, it probably won't be as hectic the rest of the week and then when Scott's back it will be much different. But it certainly makes me feel good that the clinic is comfortable and confident enough with me to let me handle so much.

So what else have I been up to? Ohh, just driving across country, moving into a new apartment, competing in a multi-sport race, hiking in Glacier Park.... you know, everyday stuff. Dad and Mike left today and I was pretty sad to see them go since they are the last piece of home that I'm going to see in a while... but it's all very exciting and I know I'll be just fine here.

P.S. My pictures from the trip out are on my Picasa site, which can be viewed here.

1 comment:

Mike Smith said...

GOOOOOOOOOOO EMILY!