Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day on the lake

I finally -- finally -- took the kayaks out over the weekend. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining but not too hot. My friend Allie, Ben (another PT at the clinic) and one of the students at the clinic grabbed the kayaks and borrowed a canoe and headed out for a float. I say float because we didn't do as much paddling as we did just hanging out in the water, chatting and taking in the sights. The "current" kept bringing us back toward where we started so we kept passing the same houses several times before we actually cut across the lake back home. I'm sure the people sitting on their decks were getting a kick out of watching us go back and forth. The water was pretty chilly but I did manage to get in. It's so nice to have a lake steps from the house, and with all the warm weather we've been having it's great to be able to walk across the street and put my feet in.

Check out that backdrop -- that's Whitefish Mountain with all the ski runs

Another friend and I have been talking about taking the kayaks down the Flathead River and camping overnight. We haven't decided when but hopefully we'll get it in while the weather cooperates. Everyone keeps talking about how quickly it transitions from summer to fall to winter so we'll just have to squeeze it in!

No comments: