Friday, August 21, 2009

Back in business!

Week 4 (actually week 6, but I missed 2 weeks) of Thursday Night Race League on Big Mountain came and went and another blue ribbon was added to my fridge collection. (Yay!)

It was hot and sweaty, but I had the best ride of the season and even beat out my other times despite the longer course. I'm pretty sure I was the third person to finish in the entire beginner division out of all the age groups and genders. So I was pretty proud of myself :)

There is one more week of races next Thursday and then that's it for the season. I'm really glad I participated since it got my butt out and riding harder than I would just on my own. And I got to know some of the trails that I would not have ridden, too.

Also, speaking of biking, yesterday I went with a friend to the top of Big Mountain on the ski lift and biked the Summit Trail down to the base. On the way we stopped and picked some huckleberries and took them back with us. It was a little bumpy so by the time we got to the bottom they were a little squishy and juicy, but I got enough to put on ice cream and make a sauce out of, so I'm set. They are really good!

Tomorrow I might be hiking to the top of Great Northern Mountain, and then Sunday the plan is to do some kayaking in one of the lakes around here. Finally going to break out the kayaks that my landlord has kindly left for me to use -- can't pass that up! I'm trying to make the most out of what's left of summer since I'm now healed enough to actually get out and do things....

Have a good one!

No comments: