Thursday, December 24, 2009

No electricity? No indoor plumbing? Yes please!

If you've heard me talk about Montana, I'm sure you've heard me mention a tiny town called Polebridge. This is a gem of a town, nestled near Glacier Park, complete with a Mercantile, and bar and restaurant, and a handful of cabins. There's not really much more to it, and it's a great place to get away and live a little primitively for a change.

A couple of weekends ago, I headed out to a friend's cabin with Kyle (see previous post if you don't know who I'm talking about) and we spent the weekend just enjoying each other's company out in the middle of nowhere. It was absolutely fantastic! I couldn't have asked for a better couple of days. We played guitar (which means he attempted to teach me a couple of songs, and I somewhat caught on), cooked on a wood stove, walked in the snow, played cards, and got to know each other a little better. I can't wait to go up there again. I love that sort of thing, and luckily he did, too.

The weather was kinda weird; it rained, then snowed, then rained, then snowed..... but inside the fire was crackling and the wine was flowing, so it didn't matter! Definitely have to go back and take some snow shoes or cross-country skis and explore the area a bit.

I brought my camera and actually managed to snap a few photos, so take a look if you please!

No comments: