Saturday, November 8, 2008

Biker babe

I finally got to enjoy some good old outdoor fun this weekend. Adam let me borrow his mountain bike which is just about my size and so I took advantage of some decent weather and went on a ride yesterday. It was a little windy and cold, with not a lot of sun, but it was still really nice to be on a bike after over a month of not riding! My legs needed it. I have been trying to walk everywhere I can so that I get some sort of exercise, since I hate running (even though I have a handful of times since I've been here) and I don't have the funds for a gym membership. I considered buying a bike to use just for this time I'm in Denver but that didn't quite work out which is fine because I don't need 4 bikes! So I was glad when Adam mentioned that he would hand his over for the weekend. I'm hoping I get another nice weekend before it gets too cold to be out.

On another note, I'm going skiing tomorrow! I got a 4-pack today so I'm ready to hit the Keystone slopes -- make that slope, it's still early in the season and the mountains haven't really gotten much snow yet, so they only have a couple of runs open. But they do have enough open to go from the top of one of the mountains to the bottom, so that works! It's just enough to get my ski legs back. When Wojtek gets here in a week and a half hopeful there will be more runs open and we can actually spend a day up there and not get bored. I'm excited to be skiing again though, for sure.

I'll be sure to take some pictures and share them when I get back! Until then, enjoy some of my snaps from Breckenridge earlier this year.

No comments: