Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white.... Subaru.

Lately I've been getting the itch for a new car. Wojtek is in the works of purchasing a car before he leaves for Denver, and I'm starting to feel like maybe it's time to start looking for myself.

I've had the JLBEM (you know, the white 1996 Corsica) since junior year of high school, and don't get me wrong, it's done me well over the years. So many memories from high school and undergrad come flooding back when I think of all the good times surrounding that car. For a while it even had a name -- "white smoke" (yeah, it didn't last very long...). My friends and I used to pile in and go cruising down the "strip" in Litchfield. One night in particular that I remember, a couple of us with our middle-of-the-road nothing-special cars stopped in a parking lot and popped our hoods like the show-offs down the street were doing with their souped-up little Mazdas and Hondas. We thought it was pretty funny.

But lately this little car has been giving me more trouble than I think it's worth. I even admit that I don't even lock the doors or roll up the windows when I park it in the city because for one, I don't leave anything worthwile in it for someone to steal, two I'm pretty sure no one wants to steal the actual car, and three even if someone did take off with it I might get a decent check from the insurance for me to go and get a new one! So it's a win-win situation. Or maybe not from the poor person who thinks they're stealing a car that they can actually make a profit from...'cause let's face it, they won't.

I'm definitely going to need a car in Montana because they don't have a bus system like I use here, and the winters will require a car that can handle subzero temps and also mounds of snow. I have always loved Subaru's, and have been on the lookout for a good deal on one that I can afford (yay student loan debt). But hopefully the next time you see me I'll be in a new ride!

No comments: