Sunday, March 15, 2009

Legs. hurt. really. bad.

So Wojtek and I went on a bike ride today.

Turned out to be a bike marathon. But twice as long as an actual marathon. 55 miles to be exact.

It started with Wojtek asking, "Do you feel adventurous?" and ended with extremely sore butts, thighs, arms, and necks. And numb toes.

In between included such highlights as riding through a completely sketchy town on the east side of the river that looked stuck in the 1940's, passing through the SIUE campus, eating copious amounts of candy from the vending machine at the Lewis and Clark museum, having flashbacks of my infamous fall while going down a gravel road, and barely being able to pick up my bike and go up the stairs to my apartment. Good times.

But I was actually pleasantly surprised at my ability to keep pace the whole time. If it hadn't been my first real ride of the year I would have kicked butt. But right now my butt is kicking me for putting it through torture for 5 hours. Yes, 5 hours on that tiny bike seat. Padding doesn't do much for ya after that long.

I had thought about riding to school tomorrow but it's definitely looking like a bus day now!

No comments: