Sunday, April 26, 2009

FINALLY

After weeks and weeks of getting shot down due to inclement weather, I finally went mountain biking today.

Wojtek and I traversed west of the city to a trail we had done last year called Lost Valley. It's a nice trail that's pretty tame but enough ups and downs and rocks and streams to make it interesting and challenging enough for a first time out this season.

Basically, we both realized how out of shape we are for trail riding. I've been biking back and forth from school and we've taken a couple of rides here and there but I tell you what, there's nothing that prepares you for a nice long climb up the side of a hill. Boy did my lungs scream at me a few times. But I managed not to get any bumps, bruises, or scrapes this time! I don't think that's ever happened before. I was pretty proud.

I was a little leery of going because of what I did on Friday. I was throwing the frisbee around in Tower Grove Park and it was really windy, so I was having to whip the thing really hard to get it to go anywhere. Well, on one of the last throws I released and felt my shoulder pop out and back in. Not cool! It didn't really do much else, and it didn't really hurt - mostly just freaked me out - so we just finished up and went home. But when I woke up yesterday morning it was pretty sore. I wasn't sure it was going to be able to take all the jarring that my arms get on the mountain bike. But after some icing and resting it, it didn't give me any problems on the bike. I'm just going to have to watch out that I don't stress it too much in the next week and then, being the almost-PT that I am, I should probably start working it out to keep it from happening again... in due time.

But nonetheless, it felt really good to get out there and get dirty. Definitely going to have to start getting in shape for the rest of the season. I didn't get any pictures this time since Wojtek's camera is out on loan, but next time we will!

No comments: